June 29 2017, Applewood Auto Group
Why choose us for your service?
Here are just a few reasons why you should feel great using us as your first stop for service:
- Our experienced and friendly staff have years of experience of delivering nothing but the best service
- We have a wide range of OEM and aftermarket parts to serve your needs
- You can call us, schedule an appointment online, or just drop in and we’ll be happy to take care of you!
- We have a designated waiting area that is quiet, comfortable, and provides complementary beverages
Why are your hourly labour rates higher than some independent garages?
Our rates may be higher than some independent garages/repair facilities, which is the case for all franchised dealerships. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Our technicians are factory trained and specialize in servicing Nissan vehicles; this makes our service faster and more reliable
- As a professional dealership, we have a full array of modern diagnostic and repair tools to ensure service is done to the highest standards
- We aim to maintain each of our customers for their life of their vehicle through quality service in a timely manner
- When applicable, we will address any issues under warranty so you pay less
How do I understand my warranty coverage?
All of our new vehicles and many of our used vehicles come with a warranty to provide you with additional peace of mind. Warranties might be shown in several ways but are often listed as ‘5 year/100,000 kilometres’. This signifies that the warranty will cover the vehicle for the first five years, or when the mileage hits 100,000 KM – whichever happens first. As warranties vary, we recommend that you contact us to determine your specific coverage.
What does a typical warranty usually cover?
As there are many different types of warranties, we recommend getting in touch with our courteous staff to find the information specific to you. However, there are some general items you can use as a baseline. A comprehensive or ‘bumper to bumper’ warranty generally covers everything that could go wrong with the vehicle outside of regularly scheduled maintenance. A powertrain warranty will usually cover any issues related to the vehicle’s engine or transmission.
What about warranties on used vehicles?
Warranties are generally transferable as long as the vehicle is within the limitations of the warranty. So, newer used vehicles may have the balance of their factory warranty remaining. If you are unsure, it is best to get in touch with one of our staff members.
What is involved in maintaining a warranty?
It is the owner’s responsibility to schedule regular maintenance on the vehicle. This even includes fluid changes and other shorter lifespan elements of the vehicle. You can bring your owner’s manual in for one of our helpful staff members to review the schedule for your vehicle with you.
What else is important to know?
If something does go wrong with the vehicle, it is essential to bring it to the dealership’s attention as soon as possible. Whether it is a major issue or just the check engine light turning on, it is up to the owner to notify the dealership about any potential warranty issue right away.
Does a warranty cover everything?
Again, as warranties differ we recommend getting in touch with one of our knowledgeable staff members to see what a particular warranty covers. Generally, warranties cover parts and labour costs of unexpected service, but the owner is responsible for covering regular maintenance.